Plexal and TfL reveal the final London RoadLab cohort
Back in October 2018, we announced an open call for entries for London RoadLab: a 10-week programme aimed at sourcing new tech solutions that could minimise the impact of roadworks. And after a competitive selection process, we’re ready to reveal the nine companies that make up our first cohort.
Spearheaded by Transport for London, delivered by Plexal’s innovation team and supported by some of the country’s largest utilities companies, London RoadLab will give these nine innovators access to pilot sites, funding and expert advice to help them develop their solutions. They’ll also get access to data mentors from TfL, who will help cohort members test their ideas on pilot sites, guide them through TfL’s rich data stores and provide lessons from previous TfL projects. They’ll then pitch their ideas at a Demo Day and get the chance to be considered for contracts with TfL and the utilities partners supporting the programme.
Meet the nine companies we’ve selected, and stay tuned for more updates
Our London RoadLab cohort
- EMU Analytics – Visual mapping software that enables public visibility of roadworks. It contextualises information by demonstrating how aspects of London’s public journeys might be impacted by roadwork
- Geve – An onsite communication app for contractors and roadworkers that integrates with in-house visualisation tools and map
- Grid Smarter Cities – A Traffic Management system to identify and manage virtual holding bays for freight vehicles around roadworks and constructions sites
- Immense Simulations – A simulation-as-a-service platform that automates what is traditionally a very manual and time-consuming process of modelling to understand the impacts of roadworks on traffic
- Mobilized Construction – Using high-frequency, network wide road quality data and analytics to monitor road network health and deterioration in real-time using retrofitted IoT devices on vehicles
- Oxford Plastic – New and innovative physical roadwork barriers and safety products
- Route Reports – Vehicle fitted IoT devices specifically designed to collect data on road quality and potholes. The data is analysed and presented using Route Reports’ AI analytics platform.
- RSK Environment – Novel deployment and advanced processing of Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) technology to detect water leaks and collect information about the subsurface
- Social Asset Management – A global disruption monitoring tool that will deliver speedy alerts and situational awareness to disruptive activities and emergency events relating to roadworks through the lens of social media