Plexal (City) Limited
Website Terms and Conditions
This website (https://www.plexal.com) is operated by Plexal (City) Limited. References in these Terms and Conditions (“terms”) to “we”, “our” or “us” are references to Plexal (City) Limited. We refer in these terms to “you” or “your”, which means a user or viewer of our website.
These terms set out the rules for using our website. When we talk about “using our website”, we mean:
- browsing and accessing our website and its content (including news and media); and
- using the features on our website that allow you to:
- register to attend one of the events hosted by us at our innovation hub located at 14 East Bay Lane, The Press Centre, Here East, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford, London E15 2GW and referred to in these terms as “Plexal”, apply to host an event of your own at Plexal, arrange a tour of Plexal and/or enquire about upcoming events;
- sign up to our mailing list;
- enquire about our corporate innovation programme;
- apply for a job at Plexal;
- join and take part in the Plexal intranet (including the community forum), known as our “Intranet”;
- become a member of Plexal, or to become a professional services provider to Plexal; and/or
- apply for a free day pass to use the facilities at Plexal, these features are referred to collectively in these terms as the “Services” we provide via our website. Reference to “use our website” means the same as “using our website”.
Please read these terms carefully before you start using our website. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms, so that you can look at them later.
By using our website, you agree and acknowledge that you will abide by these rules and comply with these terms.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must stop using our website.
What is in these terms?
Please use the links below to find out more about these terms:
- Who is Plexal (City) Limited and how can you contact us?
- What other terms may apply to you by using our website?
- Can we make changes to these terms and our website?
- Can we temporarily or permanently take down our website?
- Who can use our website?
- What can you do with the content on our website?
- Can you rely on the works and any content on third party websites?
- Are you allowed to link to our website?
- What’s our liability to you and your liability to us?
- What should you know about viruses and any misuse of our website?
- What laws apply to your use of our website?
Who is Plexal (City) Limited and how can you contact us?
We are a private limited company registered in England under company number 10012478, and our registered office is at 6th Floor Lansdowne House, Berkeley Square, London, United Kingdom, W1J 6ER. We are located at Plexal.
You can write to us at the registered office address above, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What other terms may apply to you by using our website?
These terms do not apply to the provision of the Services if you procure such Services from us. The Services are subject to other terms and conditions made available to you at the time. For example, you will be required to enter into a membership agreement if you wish to become a member of Plexal.
Can we make changes to these terms and our website?
We may change these terms from time to time, so we encourage you to check these terms each time you are using our website to check that you understand the terms and still agree to them. We may also change or update our website from time to time, which may include any of our website content or resources, or updating or changing information about the events listed on our website.
We might make changes to these terms, or changes or updates to our website, to take into account any changes in our company’s or our users’ needs. If we make any major changes, we aim to tell you about these changes by updating these terms.
These terms were first published on our website in May 2018.
Can we temporarily or permanently take down our website?
We make our website available free of charge and cannot guarantee that our website will always available or be uninterrupted.
We may temporarily or permanently take down our website, or restrict the availability of any part of, or the whole of, our website, and we may do this because it is in our company’s interests, or because it would be in the interests of our users. We will try to give you reasonable notice before we temporarily or permanently take down our website, or restrict its availability.
It is your responsibility to make sure you have an internet connection if you want to use our website. If you allow any other person to use our website, including but not limited to, from your equipment or from your account, you are responsible for making sure that they have read these terms carefully, including our policies above, and agree to these terms and our policies.
Who can use our website?
Our website is for people living in England and we do not represent that our website, its content or the Services are appropriate for use by anyone living outside of England.
What can you do with the content of our website?
We own, or are the licensee of, all intellectual property rights in our website, and any content on our website (including third party content on our website), which together we call “the works”. The works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights in the works are reserved. When we talk about “intellectual property rights”, we mean all copyright, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, trade names, logos, designs and other intellectual property rights in the works, as well as text, images, graphics, designs, layouts, appearances, logos, audio, video and other material appearing on our website.
You are not allowed to reproduce, print and download copies of the works for your own personal or business use. You must not use the works for commercial purposes unless you obtain a licence to do so in writing from us or our licensors.
Where we allow you to reproduce, print and/or download copies of the works, you must not modify any of the works you have reproduced, printed and/or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any text it is associated with. Our status (and the status of any identified contributors) as the authors of the works must always be acknowledged, unless we agree otherwise.
If you reproduce, print, download or copy the works in any way that is in breach of these terms, you must stop using our website and the works immediately, and you must, at our option, either return or destroy any and all copies of the works that you have, or have had, in your possession (including any modified versions of the works that you have created in breach of these terms).
Can you rely on the works and any content on third party websites?
When we talk about “the works”, we mean this term as we have described it in the section above: ‘What can you do with the content of our website?’
All of the works are made available for general information purposes only.
We do not intend for any of the works to be considered as advice, and you should not rely upon the works as advice.
Please note that any of the works may be incorrect or out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to correct or update the works. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the works are accurate, complete, up-to-date or free from errors.
Our website may display links to other websites and resources provided by or under the control of third parties. These links are provided for your information only and should not be interpreted as an endorsement by us of the content available as a result of following these links. We do not have any control over the contents of any third-party websites or their resources and we assume no responsibility for such content or resources.
Are you allowed to link to our website?
You may link to our website, but you must do so in a way that is fair and legal, does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, and at all times abides by our acceptable use policy (available by clicking on the link above).
Unless you have our permission to do so, your link must not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement from or with us.
We reserve the right to withdraw your rights to link to our website at any time.
You must not frame or include our website on any other website.
What’s our liability to you and your liability to us?
When we will be liable to you
We will be liable to you for any loss causing death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or caused by our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other liability that we cannot exclude or limit by law.
When we will be liable to you, but our liability to you is limited
We will also be liable to you if our website damages a device belonging to you and it is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill. In these circumstances, our liability to you will be limited to either repairing the damage or paying you compensation.
When we will not be liable to you
We are not responsible for the actions or failed actions of any third party and our liability to you is limited to our actions or failed actions.
Our website is for personal use only and we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage that was not foreseeable to you and us during your use of our website and that does not flow directly and naturally from our breach. In addition, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage arising from, or in connection with:
- your reliance on any of the information on our website (including its content);
- any provision of the Services under these terms and such liability shall be set out in the agreement we have with you that governs the provision of such Services to you; and any virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or any other material from your use of our website (including your use of the information on our website), or any of the websites that link to or from our website, except when this loss or damage is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill.
- If you use our website for commercial purposes, we will not be liable for any loss (whether foreseeable or not during your use of our website) that does not flow directly and naturally from our breach. In addition, while using our website for commercial purposes, we will not be liable under any circumstances for: loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; or loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation.
It is your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through our website meet your specific requirements.
When you may be liable to us
We reserve the right to take any action as we believe is necessary enforce any legal rights against you arising out of, or in connection with, any unauthorised use of our website and/or any breach of these terms. Such acts by you may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
What should you know about viruses and any misuse of our website?
We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your computer equipment and computer programs so that you can use our website safely and free from bugs or viruses. We strongly recommend that you use your own protection software.
You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic or time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, malware or ransomware, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
If you carry out any of the acts listed in the paragraph above, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
What laws apply to your use of our website?
The laws of England apply to and govern these terms (including the formation of these terms). You and we agree that the courts of England will deal exclusively with any dispute arising out of, or in connection with, these terms.