We announced our partnership with professional development company Multiverse in February. Together, we’re focused on providing Plexal’s innovation ecosystem – Plexal and Hub 8 workspace members and innovation programme graduates – with access to unused apprenticeship levy donated by businesses with surplus funds, via Multiverse, enabling startups to upskill and grow.
Progressing our work to close the skills gap, we’re introducing the Future Skills Academy and it’s your chance to enroll for participation!
The Future Skills Academy is designed to equip teams with key digital, data and transformation skills – all of which are lacking across industries in the UK. Simultaneously, companies will be able to set about building clear career development propositions for staff.
There are 50 Future Skills Academy spaces available, which will be fully funded by unused apprenticeship levy funding. The programmes will begin in July, lasting between one to three years, with a value of £18,000 to £35,000.
The programmes on offer are:
- Business Transformation: Ideal for individuals who manage or collaborate on strategic projects or cross-functional initiatives. This programme will prepare participants to deliver strategic initiatives with an agile mindset and drive change in an evolving digital workplace.
- Data Degree: Ideal for ambitious individuals who want to lead on the data agenda. A perfect blend of Data Analytics and Digital Transformation skills enabling participants to become data experts, whilst learning how to deliver strategic change at an organisational level.
Participation details include:
- Applicants must be based in, or spend over 50% of their working time in England
- Applicants have lived in the EEA for the last three years
- Applicants are not currently undertaking any other significant qualification (e.g. a Masters)
- Applicants are not highly competent in the areas on offer through the Future Skills Academy
- There’s no age or seniority limit on programme participation
- Places will be on a first come, first served basis
Want to know more?
On Thursday 18th May at 1pm, we’re hosting the Plexal x Multiverse Spotlight Session, during which you can understand everything you need to know about our shared mission and the Future Skills Academy.
Can’t wait until then? Schedule a consultation with Multiverse ahead of the Spotlight session to get a further understanding of what the Future Skills Academy programme will involve.
Professionals and teams who will benefit from the Future Skills Academy include:
- Those using data: (from basic to advanced levels)
- Those generating insights
- Business analysts
- Marketing and social media
- Sales and customer success
Andrew Roughan, Plexal CEO, says: “Closing the skills gap is a core part of the Plexal mission and integral to delivering on the innovation agenda outlined by the government. If we are to properly address some of the biggest challenges facing our society and economy, then we need to tackle the skills gap and unlock the full potential of our early-stage businesses.”
Kate Pearman, COO at Plexal, adds: “We’re thrilled to move our Multiverse partnership forward with this exciting next step. I recognise the need to meet individuals where they are, so it’s a privilege to be working on a project that will help people to obtain new skills, which is in perfect alignment with our vision to create prosperity for the UK.”