Product Builder Programme
Accelerating from idea to product faster
Plexal, the innovation company, has partnered with Barclays Eagle Labs to deliver its Product Builder Programme, which is funded by the UK government.
Our Product Builder Programme is designed to fit around the busy lives of idea-stage entrepreneurs. The programme is delivered online and will teach you how to validate your digital product idea and then develop, test and evolve it using customer feedback.
Product Builder helps entrepreneurs develop digital products.
- A challenge-led approach that starts with identifying the problem and not the solution. Entrepreneurs who apply should have a clear idea of, and expertise in, the problem that they want to solve with their digital product
- The expertise to help you develop digital products, such as website applications, mobile applications and software as a service (SaaS).
Throughout the programme, you’ll work closely with product experts and meet likeminded founders who can share your journey.
What you get
Participants enrolled on the Product Builder Programme will receive support from best-in-class speakers, mentors and course materials to accelerate products from idea to build.
By the end of the programme, you’ll have rapidly prototyped your digital offering, tested it with users, validated it with industry experts and produced a pitch deck to take it to market – all while retaining equity and intellectual property.
Who it’s for
Our Product Builder Programme is for anyone looking to learn the fundamentals of designing and testing a digital product. Whether you have an innovative idea, a service-based business ready to be digitised, or industry expertise with a challenge to solve, this programme will teach you the core technical and business skills that’ll take you to the next level.
You might be…
- Future founders with an idea – Whether you have industry or academic expertise and have identified a major challenge within your field or have an innovative idea for a digital product that needs validation, this programme can guide you through the process of building and testing a minimum viable product (MVP).
- Technical founders looking to become a CEO – If you’re a technical founder capable of building your own product, this programme will teach you how to talk to customers, market your product, develop a brand and acquire users to accelerate your product.
- Businesses looking to digitise – If you’re a service-based business owner with offline revenues, this is your opportunity to learn how to transform your business into a digital product and take it to the next level.
Get involved with the Product Builder Programme
Key dates and timelines
Applications window opens.
Applications window closes.
Successful applicants notified.
End of March
Product Builder Programme is for you if:
- You’re energised by solving society’s biggest challenges through digital innovation
- You understand a particular challenge that you want to solve with digital product or service
- You’re UK based and would intend to set up your business in the UK
- You’re an individual, or a team of less than four people
- If you already have a digital product or service, it is likely at idea or early protype stage
- If you have set up your business, you have your first few customers and are yet to raise investment.
You don’t need to have:
- Technical knowledge or past entrepreneurial experience
- A fully formed product idea – we’ll help you develop this on the programme
We welcome applications from people and teams of all ages, backgrounds, and experiences. You could be a full-time student, or an experienced industry expert looking for a change.