IT Support Technician
- £35,000 per annum
- Based in Stratford, east London
- Start date: as soon as possible
Plexal’s the innovation company that supercharges collaboration.
It combines open innovation with a community of fast-growth startups to help enterprises and the government unlock the potential of technology.
Plexal works with government departments and global tech companies to deliver innovation projects and programmes. These include NCSC For Startups, which connects startups with the National Cyber Security Centre, and Innovate Oman, an FCDO-sponsored programme that supports the growth of overseas emerging technology and digital startup ecosystems.
Plexal’s emerging technology innovation team works across sectors and technology areas to provide the public and private sectors with access to market trends and the innovators influencing them. Current projects include:
- working with the National Cyber Security Centre to source high-potential, mission-critical startups
- running proofs of concepts for IBM’s Mission Technology Integrator across AI and machine learning, quantum and cyber challenges
- conducting emerging technology research for global technology services providers across the healthcare, telco and space sectors
- providing the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport with research on telecoms diversification and connected vehicle security
Our workspace in London is home to over 800 innovators who are breaking new ground in cyber security, mobility, inclusive design, healthtech, AI and more.
We’re growing quickly and are looking for a highly motivated IT Support Technician who will be accountable for IT support that is critical to our business. You’ll be highly focused on customer service with a proven track record of IT service desk management. Working with the wider team and 3rd party suppliers, you’ll be highly efficient in identifying and resolving a range of IT issues as well as collaborating in driving positive change and improvement projects at Plexal.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, across both Mac and Windows estates and across a range of systems and applications
- assist all users, staff and members with any IT queries and ensure they are logged within the helpdesk management tool
- maintain asset logs for all hardware and ensure that software and firmware upgrades are completed where necessary
- resolve issues related to print, copy and scan functions of the printing estate, ensuring expected functionality is available for end-users
- diagnose and resolve networking issues working closely with our ISP to provide technical support, including the LAN/WAN/VPN environment, VLAN network and wireless network topology.
YOU’LL ALSO BE A MAIN CONTRIBUTOR TO:
- supporting the deployment of new software and hardware
- supporting all AV solutions at Plexal
- supporting the security of our systems and working practices
- ensuring that technical support and solution implementations follow best practices and focus on the customer
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Windows 10
- Mac OS X / iOS / ABM
- Azure AD / Microsoft 365 / InTune
- Teams and Zoom for communications
- OpenSource Technologies
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Given the versatile nature of the role, we’re looking for someone who’s a fast learner and enjoys collaborating with others.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- you’re passionate about helping people, whether by solving an issue or teaching them how to do something
- you have extensive knowledge of Windows and macOS and know how to troubleshoot them
- you don’t mind getting stuck in and like to get involved with all aspects of IT and everything that comes with it
- you’re determined to find end-to-end solutions for customers
- you have experience with AV solutions, whether it be video conferencing or event management platforms
- you have intermediate knowledge of networks and like to understand how things work
- you’re a team player and enjoy working towards a common goal
- you have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Plexal offers a bonus, pension, private healthcare, life assurance and critical illness cover. Learn more about our culture, values and benefits at plexal.com/careers
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Plexal is an equal opportunities employer