Plexal is an east London innovation centre and coworking space for tech entrepreneurs and we’re looking for a highly motivated IT manager who will be accountable for IT services that are critical to our business.
The person will be highly focused on customer service, with a proven track record of both managing internal and external suppliers and building relationships with senior business stakeholders.
Working with delivery stakeholders, they’ll be able to obtain and interpret relevant data to understand service priorities and to improve the operational effectiveness of services, adding additional value within to the business functions. Coworking/shared office space background, extremely beneficial.
- Ownership of a set of IT services delivered to business functions, ensuring integrity is maintained and performance managed
- Conduct IT service reviews with business functions and service providers, ensuring vendors achieve the required targets
- Assume responsibility for the achievement of all business facing IT service measures ensuring agreed business outcomes are achieved
- Take accountability for escalated issues and managed incidents, ensuring prioritisation of technical resources to achieve desired outcomes
- Clearly understand the business priorities and drivers, ensuring roadmaps for IT services are aligned accordingly
- Ensure new services are introduced effectively with appropriate monitoring, metrics, and support in place
- Protect services by managing risks, approving changes and planning releases
- Work with delivery stakeholders to foster and maintain a service culture and continuous improvement ethos
- Experience of service management and customer facing experience within the startup and scaleup scene
- Experience of service introduction and delivery management in a multi-supplier outsourced environment, through an appropriate set of agreed service levels and a suitable service monitoring and reporting framework
- Proven track record of continuous service improvement
- You will have an ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders, peers and external providers, turning technical information into business language and vice versa
- Proven ability to influence and build effective working relationships with customers, peers, internal and external providers
- Demonstrable skills and certification in best practices or methodologies such as ITIL
- A tenacity to deliver with the resilience to deal with difficult situations
- Highly focused customer orientation
- Troubleshooting and proactive approach
- Strong communication skills
- Easy going personality who has resilience and tenacity
- Proactive and forward thinking – goes the extra mile
- Able to articulate technology concepts into layman’s terms
- An interest in innovation and technology
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Plexal is an equal opportunities employer.