Interim Programme Director (6-month contract)
- Initial 6-month fixed-term contract maternity cover
- £80,000 – £100,000 per annum, pro rated for the duration of the contract
- Based in Cheltenham, south-west England
- Start date: as soon as possible
Plexal’s the innovation company that helps industry and government unlock the power of technology.
Plexal works with government departments and global tech companies to deliver innovation projects across a broad range of topics: national security, transport, healthcare, cyber security, telecoms and 5G, inclusive innovation and more.
Plexal operates in London, Manchester and Cheltenham. Its coworking space in London is based at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and is home to over 800 innovators who are breaking new ground in cyber security, art and design, healthtech, AI and more.
We’re looking for an Interim Programme Director for an initial 6-month fixed-term contract maternity cover – with potential to extend – to lead a key cyber security innovation programme with one of our strategic government clients. This is a unique opportunity to join a team with a high growth mentality where agile decision making, a focus on profitability, intellectual curiosity and strategic differentiation separates us from our competition. The role will be Cheltenham based, with a remit to coordinate and collaborate with teams in Manchester and London.
KEY REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE:
- managing a portfolio of innovation programmes and activities across multiple locations on time, on budget and to exceed the customer and contract expectations
- providing strategic advice to startups and SMEs to help inform their future growth and direction
- strategically supporting and influencing clients to shape requirements, inform programme direction and input into future planning cycles
- programme governance and reporting
- resource planning and utilisation
- team management (line management, matrix management, 3rd party management, consortium partnerships)
- building effective, long-term client relationships and managing client requirements and expectations
- supporting the shaping of client engagement strategies and growth activities
- working across a sophisticated leadership team with genuine collegiate team spirit
- subject matter interest or expertise in cyber security, innovation, emerging technology, government technology policy and national security
- experience expected: 10+ years in technology delivery, consulting and/or government-related innovation
- providing strategic advice to start-ups and SMEs to inform their growth and direction
- willingness to travel nationally c. 20%
Plexal offers a bonus, pension, private healthcare, life assurance and critical illness cover. Learn more about our culture, values and benefits at plexal.com/careers
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Plexal is an equal opportunities employer