Plexal is an innovation centre and coworking space that believes in the power of collaboration. Our innovation team delivers programmes to tackle some of the biggest challenges facing society – starting with cybersecurity, social inclusion and mobility.
Our team is a group of passionate innovators bringing diverse skills from startup ecosystems, intrapreneurship, emerging technologies, social and policy innovation, science and technology clusters and R&D. Our collective track records include supporting over 150 large organisations with their innovation agendas and enabling the growth of over 400 startups with organisations including the UK Government, Lloyds Banking Group, BT, Deloitte and Dell. We’re growing quickly and are looking for a talented and ambitious innovation associate to join us.
The innovation associate will work collaboratively with the Innovation Services team in coordinating, delivering and facilitating our programme activities, including our workshops and events. You’ll be researching and engaging with a diverse array of stakeholders as part of this role, including startups, corporations, government, nonprofit organisations and universities.
This is a broad role encompassing analysis and market research, deliverable preparation, client relationship management, programme delivery and business development. You’ll support with the design and delivery of innovative client engagements, workshops and events as well as undertaking wider business development activities including creating proposals and deal models, in support of our expanding go-to-market efforts.
The role is busy, fast-paced, interesting and challenging. Projects are likely to be intensive, complex, and will require a highly organised approach to manage the multiple tasks and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Designing and supporting the delivery of world-class innovation and challenge-led programmes at Plexal
- Managing and delivering bespoke business support to scaleups, building the future of the cyber security and emerging technologies
- Facilitating external workshops and events that engage startups and scaleups with large corporates, governments and research organisations
- Undertaking analysis, market research and data collection in order to stay abreast of key technology trends, emerging startups and innovation themes
- Proactively managing regular interaction, communication and collaboration with external stakeholders
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience of working within a tech-driven or innovation setting e.g. a corporate innovation function/ consultancy/ tech startup/ accelerator or VC
- Previous experience in facilitating and delivering external workshops or events to a high standard
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a diverse range of stakeholder groups
- Highly organised with a good understanding of innovation and collaboration practices (e.g. design thinking)
- Analytical with the ability to think critically and to grasp, interpret and articulate complex concepts
- Competent at producing high-quality deliverables and presentations for senior external audiences
- Effective planning and prioritisation skills with the ability to oversee and keep track of multiple projects
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders (e.g. startups and corporate clients) but also understands the practicalities of working in a small and growing company
- Wide-ranging business awareness coupled with a general level of technical aptitude
- Energised by the challenges and opportunities presented through working for a high growth company
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and operate in constantly changing environments
- An all round team player and motivated self-starter
- Passionate interest of cybersecurity and emerging technologies with a drive to continually learn
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Plexal is an equal opportunities employer