- £30,000 to 40,000 per year, depending on skills and experience
- Based in London, Manchester or Cheltenham
- Start date: Autumn 2022
Plexal’s the innovation company that supercharges collaboration.
It combines open innovation with a community of fast-growth startups to help enterprises and the government unlock the potential of technology.
Plexal works with government departments and global tech companies to deliver innovation projects and programmes. These include NCSC For Startups, which connects startups with the National Cyber Security Centre, and Innovate Oman, an FCDO-sponsored programme that supports the growth of overseas emerging technology and digital startup ecosystems.
Plexal’s emerging technology innovation team works across sectors and technology areas to provide the public and private sectors with access to market trends and the innovators influencing them. Current projects include:
- working with the National Cyber Security Centre to source high-potential, mission-critical startups
- running proofs of concepts for IBM’s Mission Technology Integrator across AI and machine learning, quantum and cyber challenges
- conducting emerging technology research for global technology services providers across the healthcare, telco and space sectors
- providing the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport with research on telecoms diversification and connected vehicle security
Our workspace in London is home to over 800 innovators who are breaking new ground in cyber security, mobility, inclusive design, healthtech, AI and more.
We’re looking for an Innovation Associate who will support Plexal’s emerging technology and research practice.
As an Innovation Associate, you’ll:
- work collaboratively with the innovation services team to deliver cross-competency projects, including research, innovation consulting and programme delivery
- engage with a range of stakeholders, including startups, scaleups, corporations, government, non-profit organisations, investors and academia
This is a broad role that includes:
- quantitative analysis and market research to stay informed about technology trends, emerging startups and innovation themes
- forming insights into the future of technology sectors
- contribute towards the creation of high-impact deliverables for clients to inform their emerging technology strategies
- SME discovery and scouting
- engaging with innovators to understand their needs, challenges and the interventions that will support their growth
- work on the design and delivery Plexal’s innovation and challenge-led programmes
- ideation and solution design
- supporting project delivery and management
- proactively interact, communicate and collaborate with external stakeholders
- supporting business development by responding to public sector bids and creating bespoke proposals
You will support the design and delivery of client engagements, workshops and events. You’ll also create proposals and deal models in support of our expanding go-to-market efforts.
The role is busy, fast-paced, engaging and challenging. Projects will be intensive, complex and require an organised approach to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
You will be:
- experienced in working in a technology innovation role with a corporate innovation function, or working in a consultancy, tech startup or accelerator
- a critical and analytical thinker who can understand, interpret and articulate complex concepts
- competent at producing high-quality deliverables and presentations for senior external audiences
- an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage a range of stakeholder groups
- experienced in planning and delivering external workshops and events to a high standard
- organised with a good understanding of innovation and collaboration practices like design thinking
- good at planning and prioritising to keep track of multiple projects
- a structured, concise communicator who can use tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- able to work with startups, government and corporate clients, while understanding the practicalities of working in a small and growing company
- able to demonstrate broad business awareness and technical aptitude
You will be:
- energised by the challenges and opportunities in working for a high-growth company
- able to deal with ambiguity and operate in constantly changing environments
- a team player and motivated self-starter
- interested in cyber security and emerging technologies with a desire to continually learn
Plexal offers a bonus, pension, private healthcare, death in service and critical illness. Learn more about our culture, values and benefits at plexal.com/careers.
Fexible working three days in office, two days from home.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before we appoint you.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Plexal is an equal opportunities employer.