Coworking office receptionist
- Based in our London office
The Plexal workspace in London is home to over 800 innovators who are breaking new ground in cybersecurity, mobility, inclusive design, healthtech, AI and more.
Members get access to community events, connections and 1:1 support designed to help them scale and Plexal regularly partners with members to pilot their solutions, bid for business together and enable them to build solutions with large organisations.
The community includes Fiit, the online fitness startup, quantum technology company M Squared and youth-led charity My Life My Say.
As a member of our community team, you will be the first and primary point of contact for all our members, clients and guests. Creating the best first impression is essential to this role.
The community team focus on providing a fantastic service and community engagement to our members. They will take direction from the head of operations, who has overall responsibility for keeping the centre running and keeping our members happy.
The team’s objectives are:
- operational process efficiency
The role is central to one of Plexal’s values of keeping our customers at the heart of everything we do. Our community team has to be competent, enthusiastic and fast-thinking.
You’ll be excellent at building relationships and establishing trust with clients, suppliers and colleagues alike, with a focus at all times on customer satisfaction.
With an eye for detail, you’ll ensure that Plexal provides the very best facilities for our members and is always impeccably presented.
- Creating a welcoming and friendly environment for everyone who walks through Plexal’s doors and ensuring members and guests have a fantastic experience
- Ensuring that Plexal is operating efficiently: keeping the centre clean, neat and functioning well
- Morning check of meeting rooms and communal areas before members arrive to make sure everything is fully stocked and tidy
- Using the customer relationship management (CRM) system regularly and effectively so we can effectively track and respond to queries
- Keeping to health and safety and professional building requirements
- Answering the phone and the community inbox to deal with queries in a friendly and helpful manner
- You should feel confident about answering basic IT and facilities queries, though we do have dedicated IT and facilities managers
- Overseeing the mail and parcel collection/distribution process
- Helpdesk management: ensuring all ticketing is resolved quickly
- Setting up access/security passes, parking allocation, basement locker and bicycle passes
- Hosting and attending community events and initiatives
- Building relationships with our members through regular engagement and community events
- Doing onboarding tours with new members when required
- Ad-hoc events support
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong customer experience and/or hospitality experience and/or front of house experience
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Passionate about technology and innovation
- Previous experience of using a CRM is preferable
- Excellent organisational skills
- High levels of accountability and ownership
- Exhibit good time and priority management
- Being able to juggle multiple tasks at one time
- A demonstrable ability to solve problems and think critically
- Enjoy engaging and networking with people
- Proactive and independent
- Love working with people
Plexal offers a bonus, pension, private healthcare, death in service and critical illness. Learn more about our culture, values and benefits at plexal.com/careers
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Plexal is an equal opportunities employer.