Community assistant (part-time)
- £23,000 per year, pro-rated
- Part-time, 27.5 hours per week
- Based in London
- Start date: April 2022
Plexal is an innovation centre and coworking space that that supercharges collaboration. Our first coworking site is based in Stratford and we’ll be opening a second coworking space in east London in May 2022. We’re looking for two part-time community assistants to join our front of house team.
As a member of the community team, you’ll be the first and primary point of contact for all our members, clients and guests. Our community team helps us create the best first impression.
You’ll engage with our members and provides them with essential services. You’ll take direction from the head of operations, who has overall responsibility for keeping the centre running and keeping our members happy.
You’ll be measured against the following objectives:
- Customer delight
- Operational process efficiency
- Customer retention
You’ll be a part of Plexal’s value of keeping our customers at the heart of everything we do. This means that you’ll be competent, enthusiastic and fast-thinking. You’ll be excellent at establishing professional relationships with a focus on customer satisfaction. You’ll make sure that our centre provides the best facilities for our members and is always well presented with your eye for detail.
- Opening and closing the space
- Regular checks of meeting rooms and communal areas. Ensuring that Plexal is operating efficiently and keeping the centre clean, neat and functioning well
- Creating a welcoming and friendly environment for everyone who walks through Plexal’s doors and ensuring the highest level of member/guest experience
- Answering the phone and the community inbox to deal with queries in a friendly and helpful manner
- Keeping to health and safety and professional building requirements
- Answering basic IT and facilities queries
- Hosting and attending community events and initiatives working closely with the local council on collaborative events
- Managing the onboarding and offboarding processes of members, giving onboarding tours with new members when required
- Conducting tours of the space, including walk ins
- Resetting meeting rooms after use for next user
- Managing operational stock and liaising with the head of operations to reorder
- Overseeing the mail and parcel collection/distribution process
- Helpdesk management and resolving all ticketing quickly
- Setting up access and security passes, parking allocation, basement locker and bicycle passes
- Hosting and attending community events and initiatives
- Building relationships with our members through regular engagement and community events
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong customer experience and/or hospitality experience and/or front of house experience
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Passionate about technology and innovation
- Previous experience of using a CRM is preferable
- Excellent organisational skills
- High levels of accountability and ownership
- Good time and priority management
- Being able to manage multiple tasks at one time
- A demonstrable ability to solve problems and think critically
- Enjoy engaging and networking with people
- Proactive and independent
- Love working with people
Plexal offers a bonus, pension, private healthcare, death in service and critical illness. Learn more about our culture, values and benefits at plexal.com/careers.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Plexal is an equal opportunities employer.