The Plexal innovation services team partner with leading organisations to deliver high impact innovation programmes. These programmes develop and accelerate products and services that improve people’s lives. Since our launch in June 2017 we have established, and are delivering against a plan of rapid growth. In just 6 months, we have delivered innovative engagements with leading brands, won major multi-year contracts, developed big name partnerships and are helping to create the Olympic legacy.
We are hugely proud to be working with the Department for Media, Culture and Sport to deliver LORCA, the London Office for Rapid Cybersecurity Advancement. LORCA is a core pillar of the National Cyber Security Strategy, and LORCA has the ambition to be a world-leading centre for cyber security innovation. LORCA’s activities include convening the UK industrial, innovation, investment academic and business worlds, maximising the product-market fit of our cohort companies, and stimulating wider innovation in the sector through events, masterclasses and thought leadership.
At the core of LORCA is a set of six, six-monthly cohort programme to support 72 high potential emerging organisations over a three-year period, aligning their solutions to real world cyber security challenges.
Cyber security is a key strategic focus for Plexal and as we develop innovation services programmes around cyber security and to further develop the corporate engagement strategy for LORCA, it’s become essential that we introduce an innovation programme manager who has a strong network and understanding of cyber security.
You will take ownership for generating and converting opportunities. You will work collaboratively with other members of the Innovation Services and Plexal executive team to identify leads, build proposals, design programmes, determine sales strategies and win work – all with a cyber focus.
In the delivery phase, you will lead engagements being the key face off to our clients. You will act as a trusted advisor, ensuring that our programmes both delight our clients and deliver Plexal’s commercial ambitions.
You will also play a key role in supporting the growth of the innovation services team. Helping to shape the strategy, culture, operations and products of a new business. The position offers a balance of consulting, business development and programme management and is ideal for experienced individuals with a passion for delivering innovation.
- Lead business development and proposal efforts including:
- Programme approach, solution design, resource planning and cost estimation
- Develop long-lasting, trusted advisor relationships with clients
- Accurately forecast revenue, profitability, margins, billing and resource utilisation
- Provide programme oversight and client engagement, and secure new opportunities within an existing account relationship
- Determine optimal programme approach – estimate, plan, communicate and execute on plans and tracking controls
- Identify and secure resources to provide the right mix of expertise and skills for the programme
- As a thought leader, maintain awareness of industry trends and authoring of articles when required
- Manage and facilitate innovation programmes including:
- Serve as the primary day-to-day client and team contact for the programme
- Identify and manage community building efforts within the programme – start-ups, mentors, sponsors
- Manage programme events and day to day logistics
- Provide quality oversight on all deliverables
- Facilitate client working sessions and serve as an Agile and/or a scrum master when required
- Develop content and materials for programmes
- Contribute to the wider team including recruitment, capability and strategy development
Skills and experience
The key to this role is developing long-term relationships with corporate clients and being viewed as a trusted advisor. The Cyber Lead is experienced working with corporate clients but also understands the practicalities of working in a small and growing company. The Cyber Lead combines a strong understanding of the wider London technology ecosystem as well as bringing a global perspective.
- Self-starter who takes responsibility for their own development in order to keep pace with a fast-moving field.
- Consulting skillset and problem solving capabilities: ability to translate high level concepts into tangible programmes of activities and deliverables as part of the pre-sales process.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate highly complex concepts effectively, appropriately tailored to people from a range of cultures, technical backgrounds and seniorities;
- Collaborative approach and ability to vary their approach to suit a wide variety of audiences and stakeholders e.g. start-ups, corporates and investors
- A passion for emerging technologies and cyber innovation
Beneficial (not essential)
- Knowledge of latest cyber-attack techniques and threats
- Cyber-related qualifications
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Plexal is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.