- This event has passed.
Join us at Plexal for an expert panel, talks and networking hosted by Here East, Plexal, the London Borough of Hackney and Capital Factory. As well as getting advice on going global, you’ll get the chance to network with trade organisations, startups and agencies from around the world who are in town for London Tech Week.
- Welcome by Gavin Poole, CEO of Here East.
- Opening speech by mayor of Hackney Philip Glanville
- Panel featuring:
– Sara French, head of the mayor of London’s International Business Programme, London & Partners (chair)
– Councillor Guy Nicholson, cabinet member for Planning, Culture and Inclusive Economy, LB Hackney
– Andrew Roughan, managing director, Plexal
– Chris Gillan, senior vice president, corporate innovation at Capital Factory, Austin, Texas
– Siw Andersen, director of International Relations, Oslo Business Region
We’ll also have a series of lightning talks from startups, festivals and agencies who will be sharing their success stories and advice.
About your hosts:
Here East is the fastest growing cluster of innovative businesses in London and the UK. Here East is the UK’s first super-campus for technology and innovation, bringing together a diverse community of start-ups, fast-growth businesses, global corporates, academics and creative industries
Plexal is a place for the innovators of the world: the makers, creators, thinkers, coders, rule-breakers and change-makers. What was once the Press Centre for the 2012 Olympic Games has been transformed into a bustling mini-city that has its own indoor park, high street, town hall and a room dedicated to making and prototyping.
The London Borough Hackney has been at the forefront of forging international partnerships for the last eight years, to support trade for its businesses, benefit residents, and learn from other cities. It has strategic relationships with Austin, TX and Oslo, and has led tech industry delegations in the past to SXSW.
Capital Factory’s mission is to be the centereof gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Last year more than 100,000 entrepreneurs, programmers, and designers gathered day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes, and coworking. Capital Factory meets the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors, and customers. Plexal, Here East and Capital Factory announced a partnership earlier this year.