IT support technician
Plexal is an innovation centre and coworking space that believes in the power of collaboration. Our innovation team delivers programmes to tackle some of the biggest challenges facing society – starting with social inclusion, cybersecurity and mobility. And as well as hosting events – anything from hackathons to large conferences – we’re home to over 700 innovators who are working in areas like mobility, AI, healthtech, cybersecurity, fintech, the Internet of Things, VR and more. They enjoy community events, access to the Eagle Lab at Plexal makers’ space and services designed to help them scale. We’re growing quickly and are looking for a highly motivated IT support technician who will be accountable for IT support that is critical to our business.
You’ll be highly focused on customer service with a proven track record of IT service desk management. Working with the wider team and third party suppliers, you’ll be highly efficient in identifying and resolving a range of IT issues as well as collaborating in driving positive change and improvement projects at Plexal.
In this role you will:
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, across both Mac and Windows estates and across a range of systems and applications
- To assist all users, staff and members with any IT queries and ensure they are logged within the helpdesk management tool
- Maintain asset logs for all hardware and ensure that software and firmware upgrades are completed where necessary
- Resolve issues related to print, copy and scan functions of the printing estate, ensuring expected functionality is available for end-users
- Diagnose and resolve networking issues, working closely with MSP’s to provide technical support: this includes the LAN/WAN environment, VLAN network and wireless network topology
You will also be a key contributor to:
- Supporting the deployment of new software and hardware
- Championing support with all AV solutions at Plexal
- Support in the security of our systems and working practices
- Ensure that technical support and solution implementations follow best practice and focus on the customer
Key technologies we use include but are not limited to:
- Windows 10
- Mac OS X
- Azure AD / Microsoft 365
- Slack and Zoom for communications
Who we’re looking for:
Given the versatile nature of the role, we’re looking for someone who’s a fast learner and enjoys collaborating with others.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You’re passionate about helping people, whether by solving an issue or teaching them how to do something
- You have extensive knowledge of Windows and macOS and know how to troubleshoot them
- You don’t mind getting stuck in and like to get involved with all aspects of IT and everything that comes with it
- You’re determined to find end-to-end solutions for customers
- You have experience with AV solutions, whether it be video conferencing or event management platforms
- You have intermediate knowledge of networks and like to understand how things work
- You’re a team player and enjoy working towards a common goal
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Plexal is an equal opportunities employer.