- £65,000 to 90,000 per year, depending on skills and experience
- Based in London, Manchester or Cheltenham
- Start date: Autumn 2022
Plexal’s the innovation company that supercharges collaboration.
It combines open innovation with a community of fast-growth startups to help enterprises and the government unlock the potential of technology.
Plexal works with government departments and global tech companies to deliver innovation projects and programmes. These include NCSC For Startups, which connects startups with the National Cyber Security Centre, and Innovate Oman, an FCDO-sponsored programme that supports the growth of overseas emerging technology and digital startup ecosystems.
Plexal’s emerging technology innovation team works across sectors and technology areas to provide the public and private sectors with access to market trends and the innovators influencing them. Current projects include:
- working with the National Cyber Security Centre to source high-potential, mission-critical startups
- running proofs of concepts for IBM’s Mission Technology Integrator across AI and machine learning, quantum and cyber challenges
- conducting emerging technology research for global technology services providers across the healthcare, telco and space sectors
- providing the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport with research on telecoms diversification and connected vehicle security
Our workspace in London is home to over 800 innovators who are breaking new ground in cyber security, mobility, inclusive design, healthtech, AI and more.
We’re looking for an Innovation Lead who will support Plexal’s emerging technology and research practice.
As an Innovation Lead, you’ll lead projects and accounts with the public and private sectors and help our clients to form their innovation strategies. You’ll be focused on our research, consulting, venture design and proof of concept propositions.
Your role will include:
- fostering partnerships and commercial relationships to grow our initiatives and Plexal’s innovation business
- leading business development by responding to public sector bids and managing bespoke proposals
- leading the creation of high-impact deliverables for clients to inform their emerging technology strategies
- following technology and market trends to guide our work and shape our innovation strategy as we grow.
- advising clients on engaging with the emerging technology ecosystem
- defining and managing validation of emerging technology solutions such as proofs of concepts, pilots and new venture design
- pulling together talent to solve mission-critical challenges
- proactively interacting, communicating and collaborating with external stakeholders
- leading delivery teams of consultants and associates across projects
You’ll report to Plexal’s Director of Emerging Technologies working with the London-based HQ team as well as our in-region delivery teams to support our programmes.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Success in building trust-based relationships with a wide range of senior internal and external
- Success in building relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders, such as startups and corporate clients, while understanding the practicalities of working in a small and growing company.
- Strategic awareness across technology sectors, able to provide an outside-in perspective to clients on emerging market needs, trends, opportunities and technologies.
- Commercial awareness and an aptitude for building relationships, opportunities and mutually beneficial business partnerships.
- Skilled at listening, facilitating and influencing in negotiations with senior leaders and external stakeholders.
- Success at working collaboratively, contributing to the success of a wider delivery team
- Engaging and accurate written work, suitable for advising senior leaders using your own intuition and judgement.
- Personal resilience, staying focused on the overall objective and managing challenges in a calm and measured way.
- Flexibility working within a matrix structure with changing organisational and operational requirements.
- Ability to plan and organise your own work with reference to strategies, policies, processes and protocols.
- Innovation, startup or venture background, with a passion for emerging technology and some domain expertise or interest in technology policy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organisational skills.
- A team player and motivated self-starter.
- Passionate interest in emerging technologies.
Plexal offers a bonus, pension, private healthcare, death in service and critical illness. Learn more about our culture, values and benefits at plexal.com/careers.
Flexible working three days in office, two days from home.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Plexal is an equal opportunities employer.