Accounts assistant (part-time / 20 hours p/w)
Plexal is an innovation centre and coworking space that believes in the power of collaboration. Our innovation team delivers programmes to tackle some of the biggest challenges facing society – starting with social inclusion, cybersecurity and mobility. And as well as hosting events – anything from hackathons to large conferences – we’re home to over 700 innovators who are working in areas like mobility, AI, healthtech, cybersecurity, fintech, the Internet of Things, VR and more. They enjoy community events, access to the Eagle Lab at Plexal makers’ space and services designed to help them scale. We are growing quickly and are looking for a part-time accounts assistant to join us.
As our accounts assistant, you’ll work collaboratively with the Plexal team while taking responsibility for the sales and purchase ledger activities. The role is busy and will require a highly organised approach to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Processing supplier invoices on a daily basis, including matching to purchase orders
- Goods receipting of purchase orders into Microsoft Dynamics
- Preparation of payment runs
- Processing and reconciliation of monthly credit card statements
- Filing of supplier invoices
- Preparation of monthly supplier statement reconciliations
- Take ownership of key supplier onboarding process
- Processing of sales ledger entries
- Filling sales contract and other documents
- Reconciliation of customer invoices to sales ledger
- Allocation of customer payments to invoices
- Follow up on overdue accounts
- Assist in the preparation of bank reconciliations
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- AAT qualified
- Previous experience within a purchase /sales ledger role
- Demonstrable high level of integrity and professionalism
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong IT skills (MS Word, Excel etc.)
- Working towards an ACCA qualification
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal with staff and managers at all levels within the business and with external stakeholders and suppliers
- Attention to detail to avoid/remove the risk of error, wherever possible – strong focus on quality
- Meets commitments and delivers to agreed timescales
- Flexible approach with a ‘can do’ approach to work and willingness to assist the team where needed
The accounts assistant will report to the management accountant with daily engagement with the chief financial officer.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Plexal is an equal opportunities employer.